COMPOSITIONS: Each vial contains
Box of 1 vial of powder injection with 1 tube of distilled water for injection 10ml
- Mezicef is indicated for the treatment of patients with serious infections caused by susceptible strains of the designated microorganisms in the diseases listed below.
- Lower respiratory tract infections, including pneumonia, Genitourinary infections.
- Urinary tract infections Gynecologic Infections, including pelvic inflamatory disease, endometritis and pelvic cellulitis Bacteremia/ Septicemia, skin ans skin structure infections, Intra-addominal infections including peritonitis, bone and joint, central nervous system infections, e.g., meningistis and ventriculitis.
DOSAGE & ADMINISTRATION
- Dosage and route of administration should be determined by susceptibility of the causative organism, severity of the infection, and the condition of the patient. Mezicef may be administered IM or IV after reconstitution. Premixed Mezicef injection is intended for IV administration after thawing.
- Usual dose: 2-6g/day divided into 2 or 3 times. In case of severe infections the dose canup to 12g per day, IV divided every 3 to 6 times.
- The dose used for infections (Pseudomonas aeruginosa) is 6g per day.
Dose for children:
- Every day use 100-150mg/kg of body weight (for neonates is 50mg/kg body weight) in 2 to 4 divided doses. If needed necessary, the dose may be increased to 200mg/kg (from 100 to 150mg/kg for infants).
- In the creatinine clearance under 10ml/min: After the initial loading dose, reduce the dose by half, but still keep the number of times a day, dose maximum for a day was 2g.
- Treatment duration: In general, after the temperature has returned to normal of definitely have thoroughly all of the bacteria, taking an additional 3 to 4 days. For the treatment of infections caused by the Streptococcus haemolysis Group A beta treatment must be at least 10 days. Persistent infection can be treated for several weeks.
- Gonorrhea treatment: single dose of 1g
- Prevention of postoperative bacterial infection: 1g injection before surgery from 30 to 90 minutes. Cesarean section, IV 1g into the mother immediately after clamping the umbilical and then 6 and 12 hours, two more dose injection into the muscle or intravenously.
Hypersensitivity to cephalosporin: The patient had a history of allergic reactions to Penicillins.
- Prescribing Cefotaxim in the absence of a proven or strongly suspected bacterial infection or a prophylatic indication is unlikely to provide benefit to the patient and increases the rish of the development of drug-resistant bacteria.
- Cefotaxim should be prescribed with caution individuals with a history of gastrointestinal disease, particularly colitis.
- Because high and prolonged serum antibiotic concentrations can occur from usual doses in patients with transient or persistent reduction of urinary output because of renal insufficiency, the total daily dosage should be reduced when Cefotaxim is administered to such patients. Continued dosage should be determined by degree of renal impairment, severity of infection, and susceptibility of the causative organism.
STORAGE: Store in tight container, below 300C.
SHELF LIFE: 42 months form the date of manufacturing.